Something about being pregnant (currently 6.5 months) has brought out the chef in me! I absolutely love cooking healthy and have never felt this passionate about it before.
These Whole Wheat Waffles only have 6 ingredients! They are packed with whole grains, protein, and fiber. It’s the perfect breakfast or on the go snack.
I plan to eat a few myself and freeze the rest. Honestly, freezing waffles has been a lifesaver. And if you have never done it before you should start!
Whole Wheat Waffles
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tsp baking powder
1. Heat waffle iron & spray
2. In a large bowl place all ingredients in and mix
3. Pour batter in waffle iron, start in center and circle your way to the outside
Makes roughly 10-15 waffles (i made 11 small and 3 large)
- 1 fuji organic apple, cut in the slices
2 tbsp butter
Pinch of cinnamon
1. Heat small skillet up with butter
2. Meanwhile cut apples into slices
3. Saute apples until golden & add a pinch of cinnamon
(I used 3 apple slices per waffle)
Peanut Butter Sauce
- Peanut butter
Unsweetened almond milk
1. In a small bowl mix a few spoonfuls of peanut butter with 3-6 tbsp of almond milk
2. Continue mixing for at least 30-60 seconds, add more almond milk to liquify the sauce more.