There’s nothing like doing sprints with Bodi (200s, 150s, 100s & 80s) and coming home to eat THIS.
I’m the kind of person that thinks about what ima make for breakfast towards the end of my workout. This waffle taco is in my top three, and that’s saying a lot because you all know I’m the breakfast queen.
Similar recipe, Poached Egg Waffle Sandwich.
1 Whole wheat waffle (recipe below)
1 poached egg (directions below)
2 tbsp pepper jelly
Whole Wheat Waffles
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (add more if batter is too thick)
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tsp baking powder
1. Heat waffle iron & spray
2. In a large bowl place all ingredients in and mix
3. Pour batter in waffle iron, start in center and circle your way to the outside
Makes 5-6 waffles (freeze extras in ziplock bag once waffles have cooled down)
- 1 egg
1. Fill a small pot halfway and bring to a boil, add 1 cap full of apple cider vinegar (any vinegar works)
2. Crack egg into a small bowl.
3. Slowly pour egg into boiling water.
4. Let egg cook for 2-4 minutes depending on how you like your yolk. I shoot for 2-3 for a runny yolk!
5. Scoop out egg with a large spoon with holes and allow the excess water to drip off.