THIS meal right here has the taste and the nutrition, it doesn’t get better than that! It satisfied my taste buds and allowed me to get multiple servings of veggies in – not to mention the amount of fiber, color, and lean protein too!
This Stir Fry is super easy to make, the only time consuming part is chopping all the veggies but it’s worth it in the end. And it makes the best leftovers too!
Veggie Shrimp Stir Fry
1lb of Shrimp
8oz of dry Whole Wheat Orzo (bought from Whole Foods)
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 tbsp Ginger, minced
1 Zucchini, cut into matchsticks
1 bag of Snap Peas
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into matchsticks
1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
1/2lb Asparagus, cut into 1inch pieces
1/2 cup Chicken Broth (homemade or low sodium)
3 tbsp Soy Sauce
Top with red pepper chili flakes
1. Chop all veggies, mince garlic, minced ginger, and take tails off shrimp.
2. Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package (cook just like regular pasta). Set aside once cooked.
3. In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the garlic and ginger. Then add shrimp. Once shrimp is cooked (curled and pink) set aside in a separate bowl.
4. In the same skillet saute veggies for 4-5 minutes or until veggies are softened. Add 1/2 cup broth and 3 tbsp soy sauce and mix.
5. Add shrimp and cooked orzo to skillet.