A veggie omelet is the easiest way for me to pack in tons in veggies for breakfast.
This omelet is loaded with 2 freaking cups of kale, mushrooms, zucchini, onion, jalapeno, fresh herbs & cheese. Damnnnn!
I finished a really sweaty workout at Bauman’s Xtreme Training this morning and all I wanted was a big ass breakfast.
- 2 tbsp tbsp avocado oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small zucchini, diced
1/4 onion, diced
2 cups kale
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 large Jalapeno, diced
3 eggs, whisked
2 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp Basil, sliced into strips (roll the basil leaf and slice)
1oz mozzarella cheese
1oz Goat cheese
Optional: half avocado (dipped in ground flaxseed)
1. Chop all veggies. Then heat 2 tbsp avocado oil in medium skillet.
2. Saute onions, garlic and zucchini for 4-5 minutes on medium heat until softened.
3. Add kale and continue sautéing for a couple more minutes. Then add mushrooms and jalapeno.
4. Pour whisked eggs around the pan spreading it evenly.
5. Turn the heat to low and cover pan for 3-4 minutes.
6. Once the eggs are close to being cooked (little liquid still left), add cilantro, basil and cheese to one half of the omelet. Fold omelet in half and cover for a few minutes.
Omelet serves 2.
My favorite way to eat the omelet is with tortillas, no fork needed 😉