Making lasagna used to be so intimidating to me. Soooo many steps and way too much cheese for me to handle.
My healthier version of lasagna has tons of veggies, cottage cheese instead of ricotta, and wayyy less cheese than most lasagnas.
This tray serves close to 8 people and makes for the best leftovers.
There’s nothing quite like homemade lasagna!
- •1 box of Oven Ready lasagna noodles
•1 jar of spaghetti sauce
•1-1.5 cups mozzarella cheese
3 tbsp tbsp avocado oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 carrot, diced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 Jalapeno, diced
2 cups kale
- •3 small zucchini, spiralized & raw
•1 cup cottage cheese + 1 cup spinach, chopped
1. Heat 1-2 tbsp avocado oil in large skillet. Saute kale until wilted and bright green, set aside. In the same skillet heat up another 2-3 tbsp oil. Saute onions & garlic for 1 min, then add veggies rest of the veggies until softened. Set aside in the same bowl as the kale.
2. Mix cottage cheese & raw chopped spinach. Set aside.
3. Spiralize zucchini and set aside (bought mine from amazon here).
4. Spray a large glass tray with olive oil and pour a little sauce to coat the bottom.
5. Layer noodles, covering the entire tray.
6. Add 1/2 the bowl of cottage cheese/spinach mixture (using other half for second layer).
7. Add 1/2 the bowl of the sautéed veggies.
8. Add 1/2 the bowl of zucchini.
9. Add some sauce.
10. Add 1/3 of the cheese.
11. Now do it all over again. Layer the noodles, cottage cheese/spinach mixture, veggies, zucchini, sauce cheese. Now you have 2 solid layers!
12. Top layer: noodles, sauce, and the rest of the cheese.
13. Bake at 375*F for 20 minutes covered with tin foil and then uncover and bake for an additional 20 minutes.