This might be the best breakfast I have ever made!! And surprisingly enough, this is the first time I have ever made a frittata.
My new cast iron has changed my life and given me so much more motivation to try new recipes.
Pair this breakfast with a few corn tortillas or some whole wheat toast and you have yourself a wholesome meal. The fresh herbs, creamy avocado, charred kale, and the kick from the jalapeno will make you want seconds. My family is coming to visit this weekend and I think this Veggie Frittata would be perfect!
- 5 eggs
Splash of 1% milk (for egg mixture) **optional, not necessary
Salt & Pepper (for egg mixture)
1 cup kale
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 medium onion, sliced thinly
1 jalapeno, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
- Topped with:
1 avocado rose
Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
Handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Served with:
Corn tortillas or whole wheat bread (I prefer corn tortillas)
1. Heat 9″ cast iron on medium heat and then spray. Preheat oven to 400*F.
2. In a small bowl mix eggs, splash of milk, salt & pepper.
3. In the heated/sprayed cast iron sauté kale until wilted (a few minutes).
4. Next, add spinach, onions, tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno.
5. Pour in egg mixture evenly around cast iron and continue cooking until edges have set (about 5-7mins)
6. Once eggs have set around edges, transfer cast iron into oven and bake for 5 mins or until the middle has set.
7. Top with fresh basil and cilantro. Serve with a side of corn tortillas or bread.
Serves 4 people
Other Frittatas I have made…