I get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of life that I forget to focus on myself.
So, let’s all make a promise that we will try to slow down every once in a while and treat ourselves 😉
- There’s no better way to spoil yourself than new workout gear! I’m all about wild patterned leggings and bright shoes. There is just something about new shoes and clothes that get me excited, motivated, and feeling more confident.
- A cheese plate and a bottle of wine are my favorite ways to treat myself. I absolutely love cheese! Unfortunately, I’m
slightlylactose and cheese is something I can only have in moderation. Not this time though, I had to go big! Goat cheese? Yup. Smoked gouda? Duh. Brie? Damn right.
- An over the top cheese board must include: 2-3 different cheeses, meat, fruit, nuts, crackers/bread, and most importantly wine (Pino Noir and Cab are my favs).
- Fun date night idea: Surprise your lover with a living room picnic
- Relax without distractions. Get a massage, go for a walk, take a nap, or get your nails done. The most important thing is to make time for yourself!
- Dates and goat cheese, ahhh the easiest most delicious way to indulge without all the guilt. When I eat this dessert/snack I honestly feel like I am in a fancy restaurant. The sweet and savory combo is to die for!
- Only 4 ingredients: dates, goat cheese, walnuts, honey
Carnitas Burrito Bowl
- Sometimes treating myself can be as simple as making a carnitas burrito bowl. I am on a burrito bowl roll!!
- Ingredients: Arugula, pico de gallo, corn, carnitas (pre-packaged from Trader Joes), and cilantro lime cauliflower rice
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
1 Head of cauliflower
Handful of cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juiced
Salt & Peppa
Rinse and dry cauliflower then cut into florets. Steam the florets for 8-10 minutes. Once completely softened, add to blender with remaining ingredients. Pulse blender until you reach a rice consistency. Serves 5-6.
Enjoy the little things in life!