I love having this specific breakfast before a big workout. It fills me up and doesn’t leave me feeling heavy for my workout.
- • Nutrients are delivered to muscles, sparing glycogen and protein loss, preparing body for recovery
- • 4:1 ratio carbs to protein
- • Pre workout: Steel cut oats
- • Quicker Pre workout: Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and banana slices
• Even quicker pre workout: banana with peanut butter or just a banana (I eat this before less intense workouts)
For more info about workout nutrition click here.
Steel Cut Oats
3/4 unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup steel cut oats
1 Banana, sliced
1. In a small pot bring the almond milk to a boil and add steel cut oats
2. Turn down the heat to low and cover pot
3. Continue cooking oats until milk has evaporated, usually 10-20 minutes
4. Top with nut butter, blueberries, and hemp seeds