I went to the store the other day expecting to just pick up a few things, you know paper towels and ziplock bags, and before you know it I’m buying rice paper for spring rolls.
I can’t tell you how long I have been craving spring rolls. Enough was enough, I just had to make my own. And the Spicy Peanut Sauce that goes with spring rolls is the perfect complement. The sound of soy sauce and peanut butter is odd but it works, trust me.
Everybody get yo roll on! Remember that song? Anywayyyy, we are going to do just that. Let’s get our roll on!
- 4 Rice papers
1/2 large Cucumber, cut into matchsticks
1/2 large Carrot, cut into matchsticks
1/2 Zucchini, cut into matchsticks
4oz Roasted turkey
1 Avocado, sliced
Handful Spinach or Kale
1. Cut all veggies and make Spicy Peanut Sauce. Set aside.
2. In a large shallow dish soak rice paper (smooth side down, rough side up) for 20-30 seconds in warm water.
3. When rice paper is softened gently shake off excess water and lay flat on dry surface.
4. Assemble spring roll: avocado, cucumber, carrots, zucchini, cilantro, roasted turkey, spinach
5. To roll: fold in sides (see the 3rd photo below) and then roll like a burrito (photo 4).
Photos above are from my snapchat – andreaarnold5
Follow along so you can see this while it all goes down in the kitchen!
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 2 large spoonfuls of Peanut Butter
3-4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1/8 cup warm water
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
Red Pepper Chili Flakes
1. In a small bowl mix peanut butter, soy sauce, and warm water until liquified.
2. Add remaining ingredients: ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes.
3. Add more water or spices until you reach the desired consistency and spiciness.
Had to make it again!
This Spring Roll + Spicy Peanut Sauce comb just keeps getting better and better every time I make it!
So, with this Spring Roll I use kale instead of spinach and made the Spicy Peanut Butter sauce even spicier!