This is my go to green smoothie. It has 10g of fiber and 15g of protein, all from real plant based ingredients.
Daily Fiber Needs + Benefits
Women should aim for at least 25g and men 38g a day. If you are eating real foods then I’m sure you effortlessly pass this minimum daily need. For more info about fiber check this post out.
• Fiber makes you feel fuller for longer – you will feel more satisfied and less likely to overeat
• Fiber helps regulate blood sugar levels – fiber takes longer to digest so it stabilizes blood sugar levels
• Fiber helps lower risk for disease – linked to lower certain cancers such as colon cancer
• Fiber helps you poop more – less constipation, more bowel movements
• Fiber is food for your gut, promotes the life of healthy bacteria!
- 2-3 cups of spinach
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1 frozen banana
6 tbsp hemp seeds
Optional: 4 tbsp almond butter (adds more protein and healthy fats to smoothie)
1. Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.