Sometimes you just want soup for dinner and all you have in the house is cauliflower and white beans. That is honestly how this recipe came about! The best part is how simple it is but still tastes gourmet.
Hubs was so amazed by the soup and kept asking me what was in it. He was shocked there’s only 4 main ingredients: cauliflower, white beans, roasted garlic, and chicken broth.
And you will be so surprised by how filling this soup is, thanks to all that fiber in the cauliflower and beans!
Roasted Garlic & Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
4 tbsp butter or oil
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
1 Garlic head (using 4-5 Roasted Garlic cloves)
3-6 cups of low sodium chicken broth (3 cups for thick soup, 6 for more liquidy soup)
1 can of White Beans, rinsed and drained
- Optional toppings: roasted cauliflower, rosemary, chopped bacon, sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400*F.
2. Cut cauliflower into florets and combine with seasonings and melted butter in a large bowl. Toss.
3. Cover a large baking sheet with foil and spray. Spread cauliflower evenly on sheet.
4. Using a whole garlic head, cut the tops off and add olive oil to the exposed head. Wrap tightly in tin foil. Place on baking sheet with cauliflower (Helpful link here).
5. Bake for 25-30 mins tossing cauliflower halfway in between.
6. In a blender combine roasted cauliflower (save at least 1/2-1 cup to top soup with later), 4-5 roasted garlic cloves, 3-6 cups of broth (depending on how thick or liquidy you want soup to be), can of white beans. Blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. In a large/deep skillet combine soup and allow it to reheat
8. Top soup with some of the leftover roasted cauliflower, fresh rosemary, and chopped bacon or even cheese!