You have not lived life until you have had my Poached Egg Waffle Sandwich!
Poached Egg Waffle Sandwich
For one person you will need:
- 1 waffle
- 1-2 poached eggs (I usually do 2 eggs when I need the extra protein or am extra hungry)
- 2 tbsp of jalapeno jam (any jam will do)
- 1/2 sliced avocado
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tsp baking powder
1. Heat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients.
3. Scoop the batter from the bowl and pour into waffle iron, starting with the center working your way outwards.
Makes 6 waffles, freeze the extras!
- 1-2 raw eggs
1. Fill a shallow skillet 3/4 full and bring to a boil.
2. Crack egg into a small bowl.
3. Slowly pour egg into boiling water and then turn down to heat to low.
4. Cover and let it cook for 2-4 minutes depending on how you like your yolk.
5. Scoop out egg with a large spoon with holes (no idea what that’s even called) and allow the excess water to drip off.
Enjoy the best breakfast ever!!