Everything I eat my baby eats.
She is the main reason why I have been eating SO colorfully and healthy.
Cruz isn’t my entire reason for eating healthy, I love how my body feels. And when I say healthy, because everyone’s idea of healthy is different, it means I am eating lots of plant based foods, focusing on potions, fiber intake, and color. And a big part of eating healthy for me is indulging whenever I want, I do not restrict myself if I’m craving a cinnamon roll or ice cream. I satisfy my craving and then I keep moving forward.
What’s your motivation for eating healthy? Find your reason. Once you find it, it will change everything. It won’t be a quick fix or a temporary thing, but a lifestyle change that is long lasting.
Here’s an almost 3 year old Israeli Couscous Salad + Tilapia recipe I made!
Israeli Couscous Salad
- 1/3 cup dry Israeli Couscous (bought from trader joes) **could use quinoa too
1 zucchini, spiralized
1 cucumber, sliced (used spiralizer)
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 grilled chicken breast, diced
Small can of Black olives
1 tbsp mint, chopped
Dressing: 1/2 lemon, 2 parts avocado oil, 1 part red wine vinegar, salt/pep, garlic powder
1. Cook couscous according to package.
2. Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, 21 seasonings (trader joes) and grill.
3. Meanwhile prep veggies: spiralize zucchini, slice cucumber, chop red bell pepper, drain can of black olives, and chop mint.
4. Once couscous is cooked put into large bowl and mix with grilled chicken and veggies. Top with homemade dressing and mix.