Are you ready for some football?!
Here are a few recipes that are going to be a big hit during the Superbowl!
Let’s chat food for a minute:
- My husband described the Touchdown Taco Cupcakes as a fiesta in his mouth
- Beastmode Bean Dip is so delicious you could eat it with a spoon
- The Red Pepper Hummus is the perfect guiltless dip with veggies
By the way, I absolutely love the Seahawks (still a Raiders fan) and my biggest hero is Marshawn Lynch. He is all about that action 😉
1/2lb Ground turkey meat
6 Whole wheat tortillas
1/2 cup corn
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 cup black beans
2 cloves garlic, minced
Homemade Taco seasoning: salt, pepper, chili powder, chili flakes, cayenne, cumin, oregano (just a few shakes, but couple extra for cayenne and chili powder)
1 Jalapeño, minced
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cut 3 inch circles in the tortilla with a jar or lid, aim for at least 4 circles per tortilla
- Quickly warm up each tortilla circle in a skillet and place in cupcake tin/mold. Use a lemon or potato as a weight to push down the tortilla to hold its shape while it’s in the cupcake tin.
- In a skillet, sautee onions and garlic until browned and then add turkey meat. Once fully cooked, drain excess liquid.
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Spoon mixture into cupcake mold, top with cheese, and bake for 15 minutes. Makes 24 cupcakes.
1 – 15oz can black beans
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
1/2 cup sliced black olives
Handful of Cilantro, chopped finely
Handful of Green onions, sliced
2 tbsp feta
- Drain black beans, heat up quickly, then mash. Pour beans into 6″ round glass bowl and pat down lightly.
- Mash avocados and season with pepper, garlic powder, lemon, and minced jalapeño. Add to bean dip bowl and smooth out.
- Mix greek yogurt with chili powder, cayenne, paprika, cumin. Add to bean dip bowl and smooth out.
- In a small bowl mix cherry tomatoes, black olives, cilantro, green onions, and feta. Add mixture to the top of bean dip bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Eat with tortilla chips (look for low sodium/ saturated fat). Serves 4-6.
1 – 15oz Chickpeas
1 tbsp Olive oil
1/4 lemon, juiced
Red pepper chili flakes
Salt & pepper
1 roasted red pepper (optional to use 2 for more of a red pepper flavor)
- Preheat oven to 500*F.
- Place red pepper on a small pan with foil and lightly oiled.
- Roast pepper for 35-40minutes turning occasionally to char all sides.
- Remove from oven and place roasted pepper in tin foil to sweat for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, drain the chickpeas and peel off the clear outer part.
- Peel off the clear skin of the red pepper, take out the seeds, and cut off the top.
- Place all ingredients in blender until smooth. Eat with cucumbers, green or yellow bell peppers, or pita chips. Serves 6-8.
Have a great time celebrating the big game with delicious/healthy food. My best advice is to workout in the morning, to give you piece of mind during the rest of the day while you eat spoonfuls of the Beastmode Bean Dip!