This is the perfect Saturday morning breakfast! It’s such an easy recipe with only 4 main ingredients and the taste is to die for.
Normally I make my french toast with whole wheat bread, but sourdough bread has the right thickness that prevents any sogginess and soaks up all the flavor. Top this masterpiece with any kind of fruit and you will be in heaven.
4 slices of sourdough bread
2 egg whites
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl mix egg whites, milk, and cinnamon.
2. Heat large skillet with coconut oil.
- 3. Dip sourdough bread into batter and transfer to skillet.
4. Cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Top french toast with pomegranate, banana slices, and a small drizzle of honey.