These pancakes are to die for! They’re packed with lots of protein, whole grains, and fiber. These pancakes will satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you full for longer. Top it with fresh fruit, almond butter, or jam and of course with a side of bacon to complete this yummy meal!
**Update: I have been making these into waffles instead and it has changed my life.
Recipe by Live Well Bake Often (Slightly modified)
Chocolate Chip Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 large eggs
3 tbsp honey (*Optional, not really necessary – i’ve made it without and didn’t taste different)
- 2 tablespoons oil (I’ve used olive oil, butter, coconut oil – any works)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
**Optional: Add diced mango or 2 mashed bananas to the batter
1.Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat and spray well with non stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop the batter from the bowl and drop onto the skillet or griddle.
4. Once the top starts to bubble and the edges set, flip and let cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Calories for 1 pancake: 224
Fat: 8g (3g Polyunsaturated and Monounsaturated)