Lately I have been on a meatless meal kick! I love finding different ways to eat protein without having to eat meat. And it’s always exciting to switch up the way I make tacos.
After the hubs took one bite of his cauliflower taco he was impressed! The best part was that he didn’t smother it in hot sauce!!
This recipe serves 4-5 people eating 2 tacos each. I usually make this amount of food so that hubs and I have lunch for the next day.
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk)
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lime, juiced
1 can of white beans, rinsed
Shredded green and red cabbage with carrots (bought a precut bag from Trader Joes)
Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400*F
- 2. Combine almond milk, cayenne, cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic, and lime juice in a large bowl and mix.
3. Add florets of cauliflower to the bowl and coat entirely with the mixture.
4. On a large baking sheet lay out tin foil and spray with olive oil. Spread marinated cauliflower on sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
5. 10 minute before the cauliflower is done, start to warm up tortillas and heat beans.
- Follow me on Snapchat – andreaarnold5
Spicy Avocado Crema
1 jalapeno (2 if you are feeling bold)
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
3 tbsp of cilantro
1/2 lime, juiced
1/4 cup water or almond milk (add liquid slowly until you reached desired consistency)
- 1. Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
To assemble taco
1 Tortilla, small handful cabbage mix, 1/4 cup white beans, roasted cauliflower, sprinkle little cheese, and top with Spicy Avocado Crema! [Serving size is 2 tacos]