I bought dates this past week and have been dying to make something different with them. I have seen tons of ‘Energy Balls’ recipes on Pinterest and decided that was it!
I wanted to keep the ingredients simple because it makes life easier. These Date Balls will be a quick on the go snack, post workout snack while I am making a bigger meal, or even a dessert.
4 INGREDIENT DATE BALLS
5oz of dates, about 10
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1. Soak dates in warm water for 10-15 mins.
2. Deseed dates and transfer to blender.
3. Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth (it’s okay to have chunks of almonds & oats).
4. Every 20-30 seconds push down sides of the blender so everything mixes. Allow date mixture to cool, this will prevent stickiness.
5. Roll in 1inch balls, recipe makes 10 balls. Store in fridge or freezer.
- Serving size: 1 ball
Fat: 4.7 (1.3g Polyunsaturated & 2.7 Monounsaturated)
- Protein: 2.9g